Saturday, February 20, 2010

Life without an E.

What would happen if something went missing from your life for a little while?
This past week I had a few friends start their annual lent practice.
They are choosing to have something they love doing, wearing, reading, watching, etc. vanish from their lives for a season.
They choose to have it missing in their life- for many reasons. Some religious reasons, some for personal gain.
Sometimes, we don't get to choose what goes missing in life.
When something or someone vanishes from my life or I choose to let go of certain things, feelings, or dreams, I find myself in sorrow. Secretly mourning my loss.
Yet, in time, I celebrate, because I, in turn, can embrace a new perspective of life. I can type a story without the "e" and get a completely different story than what was there before.
Here's to the missing "e". And the new adventure it will take me and you on.

No comments:

Post a Comment