Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A warm breeze.


It seems the season of life I find myself in is dry, sad, and frustrating.

Even writing or celebrating anything feels empty and strained.

I know there are times in life that will simply be gray. But I love the few rays of light that bring warmth into the seemingly overwhelming and deep darkness. I have a hope that is greater than any darkness I find myself in. I hope you do too. And, my sweet but quiet confession, is that lately the light has been small but present, bursting forth in the simple things.

Today I found light. Or maybe it found me. I walked outside and found myself enveloped by a warm breeze. I took time to sit and quietly welcomed the warmth in. The soft rays of sunlight were even strong enough to reach in and warm my heart. It was as if the sun had compassion on me.
My hair gently brushed against my face. My eyes closed themselves. My shoes were disguarded. My hands lay loose in my lap. I didn't even know someone was taking a picture of me in such a beautiful moment.


Here's to the other "warm breezes" I graciously encountered the past few weeks... a sweet acoustic serenade of "Stand By Me", truly enjoying each sip of hot chocolate, reading words I needed for that particular moment while bundled up in a soft blanket on the floor of my laundry room, accepting failure then taking a step to move on.

Let's celebrate the kind warm breezes. Simple, temporary, and so gentle.

1 comment:

  1. I assume the "Stand by Me" serenade was not quite in the style of the best team at STP, the Dashing Dashes (or if you prefer, The -ing -es)If it were, I'm not sure you could describe it as sweet, as the only sweet notes on that team came from the one and only Brett Stine. :)

    ReplyDelete